Wednesday, June 9, 2010

how i got scammed by Michelle Tacey Kho Lao

*EDIT: as soon as i posted this i got a call from Lisa Gokongwei-Cheng, she's saying the picture is her, so the person who scammed me is using her picture as her profile pic to scam other poeple. so pls. help & report her as abuser!!! so pls. got to her facebook link http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000199424632 & REPORT HER AS ABUSER (NASA LOWER LEFT CORNER SYA PLS. DO IT PEOPLE) HELP US!!!!)

2 months ago, I was frantically searching for an iphone for me & my brother, I was checking on sites, asking friends for referral for almost a month, then a good friend of mine tag me in a photo of a seller in facebook (this was not my friends fault as she doesn’t know the person as well, she saw a friend of hers was tag to the picture & knowing I was looking for a phone, she tagged me) I was checking on her wares & was quite impressed because she has a lot of contacts & even a lot of inquiry.

So I got her # & asked her if she has stocks of 2 Iphone 3gs 16gb & if she could give me a good price as I was buying 2 of it. She texted me that she has white & black available at Php 28,550, which is a very good price compared to other seller which is about Php 33,000 to Php 34,000.

I asked her if we could do a meet-up instead, then she told me that she lives in Benguet, Baguio. & That she doesn’t have an office in Manila. I even got to talk to her, because I was afraid that she might be a scammer & she even told me that she was once scammed before & didn’t got a single cent for the transaction she made. She was a bit Mataray pa nga, & very well versed as in….. she was that good!!!

I told her that I would make a decision in 3days, after 3 days im lurking at her fb page & since there is no scammer alert, no complain from others, I was quite relived & made an agreement with her to do a 50% Down payment & 50% upon receiving.

This was our text message from April 28-29: (good thing I save all of it)

MTKL :Yes Php 28,550 each na lang, I can have it shipped as soon as I deposit is made, yes brand new I opened the box for checking lang

MTKL: The Total is Php 57,100. Of you could make the down payment by today, I’ll have it shipped tomorrow morning via LBC, then you’ll get it the next day.

MC: so ok on 50-50 (50% deposit) I remember you prefer g-cash, but can I just get your bank account # & name instead? I can probably make the transaction by tomoroow.

MKTL: yes. 50-50 is ok. I trust you naman. Gcash kasi mitch, I can check it right away because, a notification is sent to me, kapag bank kasi, I will have to check pa, it may depend on my schedule pa.

MC: mas easier kasi for me pag bank to bank

MKTL: Mahihirapan naman ako mag track, I only use it when I place orders abroad & used by our hardware din, I hope you understand. But ive been on this business for almost a year now, & this is what I do & have for transactions. The same with all other clients. Even friends.

My gcash account details:
Michelle Tacey Kho Lao
09164349571
Pinestar Hardware, Echo City Mall, Magsaysay, Baguio, Benguet 2600

MC: ok ill try to figure this out.

MKTL: Ok, just inform me. So I could prepare the parcel. Tracking numbers will be sent naman, via sms, as soon as I get it. LBC is my trusted courier with gadgets.

I even asked for a Model #, as requested by a friend of mine & she gave me MODEL # A1241

MC: may I now that firmware, modem firmware & is it already open line?

MKTL: hi, yes its factory unlocked, opeline, malalaman mo yung exact details ng phones kapag na sync na sa itunes, that’s when you’ll see the serial number, softwares, firmwares etc. My unites are bought and brought for me from the states. I’m also busy, but im entertaining your questions as best I could already. Because I’d like to assure you that this transaction is not a scam, and ayaw ko naman na mapunta kayo sa scam transactuon. Ive been scammed before & that’s something I won’t wish anyone to go through. I hope you understand. Im in serious business here.

Im a bit annoyed kasi parang ang taray naman nya

MC: Hi im asking this to know if this particular model can be jail broken, me iba kasing model na di pwede (as what my friend told me)

MTKL: it’s been jail broke in the states nap o. im using an apple iphone 3GS 32gb, from the same shipment, no problem na at all. All you have to do is put the sim, sync in itunes & its good to go.

MC: ok will text you tom. Regarding payment.

MTKL: ok I have units for dispatch din tom. lahat for Manila, let me know para masabay sa pag pick up ng Air 21 tom.

The funny thing is she’s even giving us 2 belkin silicon ergo cases for FREE, I even asked my brother what color he wants, as in we have a lengthy conversation about what available colors she has…. Take note she has it in Black, White, Green, Red, Pink & Purple na lang daw.

The next day, she texted me:

MTKL: Hi just to follow up, what time will you post payment? LBC will pick up parcels at 2:30pm. The daily cut off is 3pm, kapag umabot sa cut off, your parcels will be delivered the next day, that’s tomoroow.

MC: im on my way to the bank then to globe, before 1 pm.

MTKL: ok im making sure that everything gets picked up the last time I entrusted this to my asst., 3 parcels weren’t pick up.

Then as soon as I made payment & was just about to text her…. I got a text message from her.

MTKL: I received the notification for the DP already. :) ß- note the smiling face

And that is the last I heard from her.

The next day, as I was waiting for my phone I decided to check on her fb to check on what else she is selling…. Her fb page has been deleted, I was a bit worried, so I tried to call her mobile… it was disconnected, it tried calling LBC & Air 21 (w/o the tracking #) & asked them if they have pick up anything from Benguet to be delivered to Manila… & there is none, for days I tried to get hold of her… I was still hoping that the delivery might just be delayed, I come clean to my brother that I think we had just been scammed… & that he doesn’t owe my anything because its my fault, my brother even offered to pay half of the money, which I declined.

I went to globe to report this incident & to have her gacsh account blocked. but, there is a strict 24-48hrs. policy & the form has to be notarized pa, at 4pm where can I have it notarized in Makati, & the next day is Saturday pa & long weekend since its labor day. So yes the stars are not cooperating as well. haaaaaaaaaay

The reason im telling this to everyone right now, is not because i want my money back (I’d rather see her rot in jail), but because she now re-opens her facebook account & selling new stuff & adding more people as her friend & potential victim, & by the way she didn’t delete me from her friends list, so ano yun? We’re still friends? After what she did to me?

So pls. pls. people she now has 180 friends on her name, if you remember adding her, pls. delete her from your friend list, to stop her from reaching to your friends/networks!!!!

facebook page
MTKL fb page

& 2 proof of identification of her brother-in-law (Edison Go go.edison@ymail.com) she send this is to serve daw, as a guaranty on my side. o diba? ang sweet pa concerned!!!!

SCAN100155

SCAN100158

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails